Chicken fried rice is a delicious and popular dish that can be customized to suit your taste preferences. Here's a possible combination for making chicken fried rice:
- Cooked rice (preferably chilled or leftover)
- Boneless chicken (diced or sliced)
- Eggs (scrambled)
- Carrots (finely chopped)
- Onion (finely chopped)
- Garlic (minced)
- Soy sauce
- Black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat and add a little oil.
- Add the diced chicken and stir-fry until cooked through and lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and sauté the onions and garlic until fragrant and slightly softened.
- Add the carrots and peas and stir-fry until they are tender.
- Push the vegetables to the sides of the pan and pour the scrambled eggs into the center. Cook until set and then stir to break up into small pieces.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan and stir to combine with the vegetables and eggs.
- Add the cooked chicken, soy sauce, salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Stir-fry everything together for a few minutes until heated through and well combined.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Of course, you can adjust the ingredients and seasoning according to your preference, and you can also add other ingredients such as green onions, bell peppers, or even pineapple for a sweet and savory flavor.